There are many things that can go wrong with our trees that are often hard to detect. From pest infestation to chemical or nutrient deficiencies, our highly-trained arborists and pesticide applicators are equipped to diagnose and treat or cure all issues your tree may encounter, including:
- Pest infestation such as mites, bores, weevils, gypsy moths, emerald ash borer, and Japanese beetles
- Insects and diseases
We use the most advanced equipment and techniques to apply these treatments to your trees including spraying, trunk, and soil injections. Additionally, we provide fertilization services for trees and shrubs with nutrient deficiencies.
Protect Your Ash
The emerald ash borer, or EAB, is a wood-boring beetle that is on the move across the eastern United States at an alarming rate. When left untended, the EAB will destroy your beautiful ash trees, and leave them in a state requiring removal.
Early detection of an emerald ash borer infestation is difficult for untrained experts. If you suspect anything may be wrong with your ash trees, or have ash trees that you wish to be checked out, please give us a call for a free estimation.
Emerald Ash Borer Facts
- Arrived from Asia in wooden shipping material
- First detected in the Detroit/Windsor area in 2002
- Starves ash trees of nutrients and water by tunneling under the bark
- Most active from May through September
- Can kill an average-sized ash tree in 2 to 5 years
Signs of Infection
- Witch’s broom growths
- Dieback of top part of tree
- D-shaped borer exit holes
- Larval gallery beneath tree bark